2018 Dingle Food Festival starts on 5th October
Welcome to the Dingle Food Festival
The Dingle Food Festival takes place on the first weekend in October every year in the beautiful fishing town of Dingle on the Dingle Peninsula on the Wild Atlantic Way. It is organised by a group of local people on a non profit making basis.
Locals call it ‘The Best Weekend of the Year’. The town comes alive with locals and tourists alike. Everyone comes home for the Dingle Food Festival and tourists come from far and wide across the globe that weekend just for the festival.
Far and away the most popular part of the festival is ‘The Taste Trail‘. Festival goers purchase a book of taste trail tickets and can then visit over 70 venues around the town offering tastings of the best food and drink the Peninsula has to offer.
Dingle Food Festival 2018
We are delighted to welcome you to the Dingle Food Festival 2018. We have a fantastic programme of events for you:
- cookery demonstrations in St. James’ Church,
- workshops in The Dingle Courthouse & in Nelliefred’s Garage on Spa Road,
- whiskey & wine masterclasses at Random Restaurant Pop Up Drinks Academy,
- craft beer & cider trail,
- farmer’s forum at an Diseart,
- street entertainment, including live music stages
- Maperath Mobile Farm, located on Orchard Lane, whose aim is to show young and old about the different farm animals on Irish farms & their role in producing quality food that is safe & affordable for consumers,
- children events inc. Dingle Oceanworld workshops, Kingdom Falconry, Dingle Bumper Ballz, The Brickx Club, face painting & more.
There really is something for everyone.
Then of course there is the ever popular ‘Taste Trail‘. Over 70 outlets will be offering samples of the best food & drink the Peninsula has to offer. See opposite for where you buy your tickets.
The Dingle Food Festival is a nonprofit festival. Our aim is to showcase the incredible produce the Peninsula has to offer, whilst at the same time allowing you to sample the hospitality here. The festival team is drawn from the local commuinity and a huge thank you to all on the committee and the volunteers who help us.